Thursday 15 May 2014

My only argghh

Abu Dhabi, it's friendly people and superb efficiency has made the move here very easy. Everything has gone very smoothly, and for that I'm thankful.

Of course I do miss Brunei, but I also miss Sweden, Copenhagen, England, Paris, Lefkas, Spain and all the other places where I've lived. That's the price you pay when you move around and decide to be a citizen of the world. You will always miss something, or someone.

One of the very few (so far anyway!) "arrgghh"-things about this place, is when you have to fuel your car. Luckily yes, the fuel is still cheap and they still fuel for you so don't have to get out of the car in the scorching heat; but it's getting to the pump that is the hard bit. The queues are always super long, and the petrol station is filled with buses, trucks and school buses.


I have tried to fuel at all different times during the day, to try and find the best time with the least queue, but it doesn't seem to be any quieter at any time unfortunately. You just have to hope you get into the fastest lane, and quickly get served. Sitting for half an hour or more in these queues is not unusual. Ah well, I can take one small "arrgghhh"!

No comments:

Post a Comment