Thursday 11 September 2014

SWEA

This morning I joined a Coffee Morning organized by SWEA Abu Dhabi.


SWEA (=Swedish Women's Educational Association International) is a global network for Swedish and Swedish speaking women living abroad. It has about 7500 members worldwide, in 33 different countries.


This morning there was nearly 20 girls meeting up, most were seasoned "Sweor", as the members are called, but there was many newcomers too, like me.


It was lovely both to meet the other new arrivals, in a similar situation to myself; but also the "older" Sweor who have been here a while, and are obviously full of knowledge about anything you need to know or find in Abu Dhabi.

I might not join their every coffee morning, but they usually have interesting excursions and special happenings on their program; plus it's always really nice to broaden your network. I like people!

No comments:

Post a Comment