Tuesday 3 March 2015

Spring has sprung?

In the garden of the house I lived for the first 12 years during my childhood, in the center of Skara, we used to have an enormous hedge of lilacs. It usually blossomed just in time for the end of the school year, early June - and because of it's size, it's sweet aroma spread wide and far. I've loved the smell of lilacs ever since.

I guess now that we're in the month of March, it must be spring - somewhere; because look what I spotted at the supermarket today! Lilacs!
I must have looked slightly nuts cause I immediately sunk my nose into these few branches and inhaled, over and over again. Such a long time since I saw fresh lilacs!


No, I didn't buy any... The price for two branches was AED 85! Yikes! (See the currency conversion chart in the sidebar to the right if you work in another currency).

No comments:

Post a Comment