Wednesday 30 December 2015

A Swedish Christmas

While Nathan took off to Perth, kids and I debarked on the second part of our Christmas holiday on Boxing Day. We took an Emirates flight from Dubai to Arlanda (Stockholm), and then the train down to Mormor and Morfar. Easy peasy.
It had been three years since we were last in Sweden for the winter season. Disappointingly though, this year it has been the warmest month of December ever in Sweden, and not a snow flake in sight when we landed on Saturday...
But, during the night between Saturday and Sunday - like magic, it snowed! Yay!

My Mum and her siblings take turns hosting their Christmas gathering each year, and this year it was my Mum's turn. It was a big turnout, we were only missing two partners (Nathan and the 'sambo' of one of my Aunts), and the eldest daughter of one of my cousins, who had gone to her Mum's to celebrate Christmas.
For the first time in 18 years, we managed to get a photo of all the cousins together!


The photo session continued with one of Mormor and her siblings:


Great afternoon having everybody over together. So much food, and all the snow outside the window, how idyllic! 
Lucas and I played board games with my cousins and their partners, and Linnea played with her second cousins Lotta and Daga. 











No comments:

Post a Comment