Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year!

So, time flies and it's time to welcome another year. I have a feeling it'll be a good year, I've always liked even years! (Yes, I'm a number geek...)

We celebrated last night the same way my parents have celebrated for the past 44 (!) years - with fondue. This year without any 2nd degree burns luckily! I had made Pavlova for dessert, and then we ate far too much chocolate and snacks while waiting for midnight.




It was very relaxed, we were all in comfy, cosy clothes; not much glitz and glamour this year.


The kids nearly made it to midnight, Lucas fell asleep and didn't want to come see the new year in but Linnea and I jumped into it as per the Danish tradition we have made ours. And even though Mormor and Morfar live in the middle of nowhere, we were lucky to see some live fireworks outside the window, as the neighbours were setting some off. The noise woke Lucas up again, and we all got to wish each other 'Happy New Year'..! May it bring joy and happiness to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment