Wednesday 16 March 2016

Channelling Jane Goodall

Yesterday it was Linnea's turn to participate in the Grade Four Living Museum, just like Lucas did two years ago. I don't know if it was deliberate, but I had a feeling when I walked around the class room, that most of the explorers they had chosen this time were more recent, some even still alive - like Linnea's choice, Jane Goodall.


A good choice for Linnea, the animal lover that she is.

So many different important people from history were presented, from Pablo Picasso, Ibn Battuta and Bill Gates to Leonardo da Vinci, Yuri Gagarin and Elham Al Qasim, the first UAE woman to reach the North Pole.


We learned a lot this morning, f.e both Daddy and Grandma talked to the "Lee Buyung-chul", the inventor of Samsung, who had done a fantastic presentation:


I listened to most of the kids, but one I really enjoyed learning about was Jean Batten, Grace's choice. A NZ woman aviator who was the first person to fly between England and NZ solo, in 1936.


Great work Grade Four! I love The Living Museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment