Sunday 31 July 2016

The big family get together

Today was the day for the big family get together on my Mum's side. There was nearly 40 of us, descendants of my Great Grandmother and Great Grandfather, on my Grandma's side.


My mum had organized it all so well. Not just made sure everybody got an invite, booked a venue and sorted out food but also prepared displays based on her genealogy findings.



Everybody thought it was very interesting to find out how we were all related. There was four generations there, all descendants of Berta and Victor.




We had ordered in food, and had cold meats on "Exotic Platters". Mmm, very yummy!



My Mum and I:


Linnea and one of her second cousins, Daga:


Last time there was this many of us gathered together, was for my Great Grandfather's 80th birthday, when I was 8! So quite a while ago!



My two aunts Elinor and Tina, my cousin Emma, and my uncle Johnny:


My aunt Tina, my cousin Stefan's wife Martina, my cousin Emma and Stefan and Martina's two girls Daga and Lotta:


My cousin Simon and Lucas:


 
The kids treated us to a gymnastics/dance/comic performance on the stage. Who could resist such a perfect set up!


One of my Mum's uncles and my Dad:



A group photo of all the blood relatives (no partners), before people started to leave:



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment