Monday 26 December 2016

Christmas Day 2016

For Christmas Day this year, Nathan had arranged to celebrate with some Kiwi friends of his, at the Hickorys restaurant at the Yas Links Golf Club.
I had never been to the golf club before, so I was looking forward to a new experience.

Family photo in front of the tree obligatory:


Quite a lot of people, but it didn't feel crowded. We had a long table with adults one end and the children down the other, although the kids mostly rumbled around on the big lawns; played football, tag and ran around with each other:


Our friends were trying to Skype with their family:


It was a lovely way to celebrate, although I must say I was a little bit disappointed with the food.
The food itself was delicious yes, but I didn't feel like there was a huge selection, and not really any extra festive food. Most normal Friday Brunches we go to are much bigger and have a better selection of food than this. I was expecting more, especially as they charged extra as it was a Christmas Brunch.



Entrees, I think I went three times only for the sushi...:


Then it was time for turkey and trimmings:


Santa came, of course!





And that was our two-day Christmas celebrations done for this year!
Merry Christmas from the sandpit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment