Wednesday 4 January 2017

Finally!

Sunday night I finally got the call, that there was a need for an English speaking guide at the Cinderella Cruise Monday morning. Yay! I jumped straight in and accepted, and then spent the rest of New Years Day revising all my info and preparing a great tour.


I didn't have much to go on. I was only told the three guests were to be picked up at the port at 11 am, and we had the Sheikh Zayed Mosque as our first stop. Then they were supposed to be dropped off at Emirates Palace to go for lunch, visit the Heritage Village, Manarat al Saadiyat and finally Yas Island before being dropped at the airport at 5 pm. A six hour tour, I was SO nervous!

I didn't need to be, I ended up having the best day!
The guests were three elderly American friends who were just the sweetest people ever. They really enjoyed the Mosque (and the visit there went really well, phew!) but were not too hungry once we got to Emirates Palace, so we ended up just doing a photo stop there.


Instead we went to enjoy the beautiful weather and had lunch outside at the café at Manarat. My guests invited me to come with them, and after I discovered how well traveled they were, we ended up sharing lots of exciting stories, and many laughs, over the nice meal.

I left them at the airport in the afternoon all warm and fuzzy, like I had spent the day with good friends. If I must say so, I did rather well for my first tour! (It seems like the old tour guide in me from years ago, is still there!)
I might not have known the answer to ALL of their questions, but they seemed really pleased with their day - and we said goodbye with big hugs! Naaww.

It feels fantastic to finally have got started! Now I just need to get myself together and organize those business cards that I have been asked at least three times just this week if I had... I also have planned to make myself some name badges, as I don't always wear a uniform. I have found this fab Swedish site that actually offers free name badges for bloggers, so I am going to take them up on that offer! Thank you Skyltmax, I'm going to look great with your badges on my next tours!

No comments:

Post a Comment