Monday 13 March 2017

Thermomix magic

This morning I went along to a Thermomix demonstration hosted by my friend Karin. She got her Thermomix last year and she loves it so much she decided to become a consultant.


I had actually already heard of the Thermomix before, when we lived in Brunei. There was a big Thermomix community there and one of my friends used to have one, which she swore by.

So what is this Thermomix? It is a super advanced kitchen appliance which combines the functions of 12 different appliances into one compact unit: it can chop, beat, mix, whip, grind, knead, mince, grate, juice, blend, heat, stir, steam and even weigh food. Yeah, it's pretty amazing - especially for people like me who are not great cooks! I love the thought of all that multi-functionality.


At the demo today, there was three of us ladies who got to try the machine and some of its functions. We made strawberry ice cream, lemon-mint lemonade, and focaccia bread.
We also made a vegetable soup; steamed salmon with tikka paste and steamed vegetables - all at once in different levels of the machine.


Oh it was super yummy!



Hm, I might have to have a closer look into this Thermomix world... it might just be the thing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment