Sunday 12 November 2017

Every day is different

I had another work day last week where I was booked for a full day city tour of Abu Dhabi. This time it was with guests off a cruise ship that came in for the day. I freelance and work with several different agencies, and this particular one hadn't given me any kind of schedule or requests; it was all down to what the guests wanted to do on the day.

The guests turned out to be a lovely American couple (where the husband worked with Volvo, how funny with a Swedish connection!), and of course they wanted to see the Grand Mosque and Emirates Palace; but other than that I got free hands. I made sure they got to see the best of what Abu Dhabi has to offer, and a few of my personal favourite spots as well.
As we had the full day to see and do it all, they also wanted to stop in at the Ferrari World to visit the souvenir shop, and the wife wanted to visit a mall to browse some shops; she had her eye on "something Chanel". Who would've thought I would be guiding in the mall, ha ha!

I so love this job. Not only do I thoroughly enjoy meeting all these lovely people and getting to share my fascination for this exciting city - but, no two tours are never the same! And I love that!

I sported my new headgear this day while we visited the Grand Mosque. I always have trouble getting the slinky sheila to stay on my head with the winds and my silky hair, so I got myself this elastic turban which stays put. And - it looks rather stylish too, if I might say so!

1 comment:

  1. Grand Mosque is a beautiful place and I really liked the idea of Elastic turban (you look so cool!!!). Need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete