Sunday 3 December 2017

Back to the roots

I have been working a lot this season already (yay!) but - I have just booked even more work for after Christmas. I will be doing a collaboration with the Scandinavian travel giant Apollo, who brings charter tourists here to the UAE - and I will be conducting city tours in Scandinavian for them twice a week in the new year.

Apollo brings Scandinavian guests to four of the emirates, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It's a relatively new market for them, and this year they are putting a lot of emphasis on Abu Dhabi.
It's been over 20 years since my Spies/Tjaereborg days. Yes, it was a bit depressing realizing how long that actually is, I could almost be the mum of most of the Apollo representatives here..! Oh my...

The other day I had the pleasure of taking a Top Management Team from Apollo around Yas Island for a site visit. We also went to see the Grand Mosque, but mostly they were interested in seeing their hotels, and getting to know the environment. We ended at Ferrari World, getting treated to a behind-the-scenes tour and a lovely three-course meal at their Ristorante Cavallino.



I think I'll enjoy getting back into the charter business if even for just a few days a week. It feels like I've certainly come full circle. Back to the roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment